Fruit Fly Trap
Pheromone traps are an effective, non-toxic solution to control fruits flies, which is a serious pest in fruits and causes severe yield loss. It is an important IPM tool for fruit cultivation to prevent fruit damage. The traps are in compliance with NPOP standards for organic cultivation.
Pheromone traps are species specific hence does not harm beneficial insects in the field and only traps male fruit flies. Using pheromone traps can reduce input cost by 50% and increase yield by 30%.
How pheromone traps work?
Pheromone is a biochemical released by female insects which attracts male species for mating. The pheromones of target species are synthesized and used as lures in the trap. Male insects get attracted to the trap thinking there is a female fly and get trapped. Mating of target species reduces, hence population decreases.
- The trap is scientifically designed to withstand sunlight, rainfall and wind, lasts for 3 seasons.
- The lure is stable for 12 months. Once opened, lure is effective for 45 days. Uses 99% pure HPLC grade pheromone for maximum effect
- Can be used in to control fruit flies in most fruits like Mango, Papaya, Guava, Cashew, Apple, Pineapple, Sapota, Banana, Citrus fruits like Orange, Sweet Lime etc.,
Instruction for Usage
- Install lure in the hook inside the trap and hang the trap at 3-5 feet above the ground.
- Place 4 - 6 traps per acre distributed in equal distance across the farm, preferably under the shade.
- Start using Barrix Catch FFT soon after flowers start budding until harvest is completed. Change the lure after 60 days.
- Clean the traps every 10 days or when the trap is filled with flies. Bury dead flies one feet below the ground or burn them. The trap can be reused for 3 to 5 seasons.