Vegetable Fly Trap
Pheromone traps are an effective, non-toxic solution to control vegetable flies, which is a serious pest in vegetable production and causes severe yield loss. It is an important IPM tool for vegetable cultivation to prevent vegetable fly damage.
Pheromone traps are species specific hence does not harm beneficial pests in the field and only traps male vegetable flies. Using vegetable fly traps can reduce input cost by 50% and increase yield by 30%.
How pheromone traps work?
Pheromone is a biochemical released by female insects which attracts male species for mating. The pheromones of target species are synthesized and used as lures in the trap. Male insects get attracted to the trap thinking there is a female fly and get trapped. Mating of target species reduces, hence population decreases.
- The trap is scientifically designed to withstand sunlight, rainfall and wind, lasts for 3 seasons.
- The lure is stable for 12 months. Once opened, lure is effective for 45 days. Uses 99% pure HPLC grade pheromone for maximum effect.
- Can be used in to control vegetable flies in most vegetables like Tomato, Cucumber, Cauliflower, French beans, Brinjal, Gourds, Muskmelon, Watermelon, Pumpkin etc.
Instruction for Usage
- Install lure in the hook inside the trap and hang the trap at 3-5 feet above the ground.
- Place 4 - 6 traps per acre distributed in equal distance across the farm, preferably under the shade.
- Start using Barrix Catch FFT soon after flowers start budding until harvest is completed. Change the lure after 60 days.
- Clean the traps every 10 days or when the trap is filled with flies. Bury dead flies one feet below the ground or burn them. The trap can be reused for 3 to 5 seasons.