Coco Spanish pot is green eco-friendly product from coconut fiber.
Just Grow Spanish Pots are 100% biodegradable and transforms into organic matter on decomposing. Gardner's can use the pots to grow plants that can be planted directly into the ground, skipping the transplanting step, which often leads to transplant shock.
When plants are grown in these pots, the roots penetrate the pot walls. Contact with the air stops the roots from growing, root buds start to appear and secondary roots start to develop throughout the pot. This phenomenon is known as “aerial root pruning”.
- Environmentally Sustainable
- Pots add texture to the soil as they degrade
- Plants grown in these pots benefit from air pruning
- No transplanting shock
- Ideal for cucurbits and courgettes in particular
- Absorbs water better
- Moderates moisture and increase microbial activity
- High tensile strength and lignin content
- Plant roots will grow through the pot walls, encouraging a strong root system.
- Can also be added to the compost heap as a valuable source of carbon (brown material)
- Pots remain stable above ground for a year and biodegrade in the soil after 2 – 3 months
Coir pots last for roughly around 12 months. The benefit of the coir pot as you can directly transplant the decomposing pot into a garden or a new pot. This saves the plant any duress of transplanting. Coir pots need no maintenance, are light and sustainable!
A lot of gardeners are now putting seeds directly in the coir pot so that transplanting the plant to a bigger pot isn't an issue!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.