Hanging Coir Basket
Coir hanging baskets are made from coir fibre blended with natural rubber which makes them very flexible & have high strength. Coir baskets can be used with natural hanging flowering & foliage plants, both for indoor & outdoor, to give homes and offices an elegant look.
Just Grow Coco baskets are 100% biodegradable and transforms into organic matter on decomposing. Gardner's can use the pots to grow plants that can be planted directly into the ground, skipping the transplanting step, which often leads to transplant shock.
When plants are grown in Coco baskets the roots penetrate the pot walls. Contact with the air stops the roots from growing, root buds start to appear and secondary roots start to develop throughout the pot. This phenomenon is known as “aerial root pruning”.
- Environmentally Sustainable
- Absorbs water better
- Pots add texture to the soil as they degrade
- Plants grown in these baskets benefit from air pruning
- Moderates moisture and increase microbial activity
- Plants grow faster and healthily in coir baskets.
- Can also be added to the compost heap as a valuable source of carbon (brown material)
Coir pots last for roughly around 12 months. The benefit of the coir pot as you can directly transplant the decomposing pot into a garden or a new pot. This saves the plant any duress of transplanting. Coir pots need no maintenance, are light and sustainable!
A lot of gardeners are now putting seeds directly in the coir pot so that transplanting the plant to a bigger pot isn't an issue!