Diatomite Rock is a naturally mined mineral composed entirely of the skeletal remains of trillions of microscopic, unicellular plankton called diatoms. The porous aggregate particles wet rapidly and will absorb greater than 100% of their own weight in water, which they freely release to the surrounding soil and plant roots. It is Non toxic and contain Silica. Diatomite protects against rot, and can slowly release silica to orchids that love it. It is often used as a component in other orchid media.
With an ideal particle size of 10 mm - 25 mm , Diatomite Rock acts as a water and nutrient reservoir for plant roots enabling them to withstand common environmental stresses, such as drought and temperature extremes, more easily. Indefinitely stable and non-compactable, Diatomite Rock permanently improves the structure, drainage and oxygen exchange of heavy soils and horticultural growing media.
- Increase the Water Holding Capacity of Your Soil
- Prevents Water Retention & rotting of roots.
- Slowly releases moisture to root system
- Enhances Bloom of Orchids
- Doesn't decompose
- Ideal for potting mixes
- Mix 2 parts Diatomite Rock & 1 Part Coconut Husk Chips
- Suitable to use for Orchids Culture, Bonsai , Bromeliads, Anthuriums and any other plant that thrives in a bark, rock wool or clay medium.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.